Mandatory Registration

For Who: All apprentices without exception

Date: Winter session starting week of February 3rd 2020

Registration by e-mail:

Included: Winter Courses List
Click here to view courses

Fraternelly Yours,
Eric Turpin
Director of training

  • Local 71

    United Association of Journeymen and
    Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting
    Industry of the USA and Canada

What's New

Mise a jour Journée familiale / Family Day ** A la peche - Let's go fishing
Ice fishing family day

Dear Members,

Your union representatives are organizing an ice fishing family day on February 22 nd 2020, 9am to 4 pm at the Masson-angers Outfitter located at 540 Chemin de Montreal west in Gatineau. It will be a fun day for members and their families from all international locals of the Outaouais region. A BBQ lunch will be served and there will be a DJ on site for entertainment. Draws and activities will be held.

We would like to know who will be present for this family day. Please confirm your attendance with the number of people that will be with you to your representative before February 7 2020 by email or text.

See you there,

Marc Laframboise
Business agent
UA Local 71

Do you remember … Souvenirs from the past
Souvenirs from the past
Plumbing License
We would like to congratulate Mr. Hugues Fortin who obtained his Plumbing License. You should be proud of your achievement !
Notice of death
It is with deep regret and sadness that we announce the passing of one of our members Nicholas Laframboise who past away December 30, 2019 at the age of 29.  Family and friends will be received at the M. John Sullivan Funeral Home 341 Pitt St (across from city Hall) Cornwall on Friday January 10th form 7 to 9 pm and Saturday January 11th from 9:30 to 10:30 am followed by a funeral mass at 11 am at St-Peter's Catholic Church. Rite of committal at Notre Dame cemetery at a later date.  As expressions of sympathy, memorial donations to Alexander and Alivia's trust account would be appreciated by the family.    
Important Notice

Appointment of new Director of Canadian Affairs

click here for the full document

  1 2 3 4 5  ...   

Happy Birthday

Boyd Brisco

Yvan Forget


As a member of UA local 71, with proof of your membership, you will benefit of great discounts* on all of your purchases.

*Discounts varies from 10 to 30%

540, Saint-Joseph boulevard, Gatineau, QC J8Y 4A3
819-770-5503 -


Canadian Parental Wellness Program

Pregnancy Benefit

Click to download details

Annual Children's Christmas Party

Do not forget the annual Christmas party for children, Saturday December 7th at the RA Center located at 2451 Riverside Drive Ottawa. The doors open at 9:30 am and the show starts at 10:30 am. Only children already registered are admitted to the party. Thank you and hope to see you there.

BILL 148 – PEL settlement

PEL settlement between the OPTC and MCAO (ICI Only). The nuts and bolts of it is - its to be paid on Base Rate plus Holiday on all hours earned – Retro Active to January 1 2018.

Click to download >> Bill 148 PEL-settlement

Cannabis act

*In regards of the new Cannabis act effective October 17TH 2018, we wish to inform you that UA local 71will follow the article 42 of the Ontario Provincial Agreement.

UA Canadian Standard for Excellence

It is the responsibility of the UA member to be fit for duty, ensuring a ZERO tolerance policy, on the job and in the UA local 71 Training classes. Alcohol and Drugs are strictly prohibited.

Mandatory registration

For who: all apprentices without exception
Date: fall session starting week of september 10th /2018
Registration by e-mail: eric@ualocal71.Com

Click here to download the fall courses list


Don’t forget to register to the New Global Harmonized WHMIS, this course is MADANTORY to work in Ontario and Canada by July 2018. Don’t wait to the last minute, register with Eric at the local by email: or call: 613-728-0004

Attention Welders

Starting Friday, July 24th, we are re-starting the "Open Fridays" for the welders who want to come and practice from 7:00am to 11:00am.


9/18/2014 12:00:00 AM
Rules to obtain a competence card from the province of Quebec
Plumbers and Steamfitters
If you are a member residing in Ontario and your licence is valid in Ontario, if you have your Basic Fall Protection, WHMIS, Basic Health and Safety courses of Ontario or your Health and Safety course from the province of Quebec, it’s free. If you don’t have those courses, it’s $10.00. You will have to show proof of residence (driver’s licence) and your licence of the Ministry of Ontario.
If you are a resident of Quebec with a valid licence of Ontario it is mandatory to have your Health and Safety course (ASP) from the province of Quebec, it will cost you $100.00 to get your certificate. Also, for a resident of Quebec, it is possible to avoid this fee of $ 100.00; when renewing; by presenting proof that you worked as a plumber or pipefitter in Ontario. To do so you will need to present to the C.C.Q. the following documents:
  • T4 from previous years 
  • A letter from your Employer indicating the number of hours worked in your trade OR a letter from Local 71, signed by the Business Manager, OR your pay stubs which confirms the number of hours you have worked in the previous years.
If you are a member residing in Ontario and your licence is valid in Ontario and you have your Basic Fall Protection, WHMIS, Basic Health and Safety courses of Ontario or your Health and Safety course from the province of Quebec, it’s $100.00. If not, it is $10.00 more. You will have to show proof of residence (driver’s licence) and a letter from the Union of 750 hours of work in the past year along with a T4 or your pay stubs.
If you are a resident of Quebec and want to renew your CCQ card, you will need to present your T4 or you pay stubs from previous years to prove that you have worked at least 320 hours per year after the expiration date of your license and a letter from your Employer or from Local 71 confirming that you have worked as a welder.
For more information please contact André Rondeau at (819) 246-3771.
1/3/2011 12:00:00 AM
Work Safety
All Affiliates, Members, Executives and Associated Contractors of the Building and Construction Trades Council encourage and support health and safety legislation on all our worksites.
For a safer Ontario, we are urged to call the Ministry of Labour at 1-877-202-0008 to report unsafe labour practice in any Ontario workplace.
Health and Safety is a shared responsibility and we have accepted the challenge from our Minister of Labour, Peter Fonseca, to make sure that everyone returns home safe and sound after work.
Our call to action is 1-877-202-0008. Display it prominently;
Share it widely; Use it wisely; Use it!
Call 1-877-202-0008 to help save a life!
1/2/2011 12:00:00 AM
If you have a Reinstatement
  • You will not be dispatched to work.
  • You will not be eligible for the subsidy program.
  • You will not be entitled to your life insurance.

Please make sure that you are in good standing.